Macq 01 Hotel
Custom designed passenger lifts with reduced pit depths on a suspended slab.
- Date: 2017
- Client: Federal Group | VOS
- Architect: Circa Morris Nunn
- Project Type: 4.5 Star Hotel
About this Project
We are pleased to have been part of Tasmania’s first storytelling hotel, MACq 01. We supplied and installed customised lifts to this 4.5 star hotel, located on the Ocean Pier, which focuses on telling the stories of the Tasmanians.
- 2 custom, high performance passenger lifts with reduced pit depths.
- Lift cabin annunciator’s programmed to play audio of Tasmania’s history.
- Hall buttons are lit up with portraits of past colourful characters.
When international major lift suppliers acknowledged that they could not provide a shallow pit option to this major development, we were able to offer a deemed to satisfy, alternate solution.
Over $1m was spent on remedial concrete works to the pier apron and a condition of the development approval was that no penetration of this concrete could occur.
Our brief included a 300mm deep pit in conjunction with a high performance lift, commensurate with a 4.5 star hotel aimed at international guests.
This has been an outstanding result for both the builder (Vos Construction) and the developers.
ICON COMPLEX - MYER
Project value of over $5m in total. Included a 5000kgs goods lift, 16 escalators, 4 passenger lifts and at one point a 24/7 installation program.